Monday 4 April 2011

Heading West to Piha

With Pearl loaded up we turn west from Auckland, a short 15 kilometer scenic trip through the Waitakere Ranges Regional Park brings us to the coast. From the top of the hill Piha looks amazing; at the bottom it's spectacular. Winding down through a narrow road, I grip the handle every time we pass someone as I see Pearl drive over the fog line to make room. There is no shoulder here and my options are either shut the window to keep the bush from hitting me in the face or a deadly collision. In the parking lot I take a few pictures and dip my feet in the Tasman Sea. Deciding my surf skills are not to compete with these sets we're off to lunch by a nearby lagoon.



<>
Lunch in Piha at the lagoon the lion in front



Sorta looks like a lion


No comments:

Post a Comment